Concerned individuals, military and policemen should carefully select a handgun that will perfectly suits for their unique needs. Considering that there are quite a few handguns to select from, coming up with a good decision can be quite overwhelming and challenging. Also, the truth is, there is no perfect caliber, perfect bullet or perfect handgun. Another thing that can have an impact to the final decision would be the accessories. Some pointers below can help you in choosing a pistol.
Tip #1: Selecting a sidearm
Always remember that the best choice is a pistol that will personally fits your needs. This is even though almost any pistol that you find is properly wielded; your final choice can restrict your capability to safeguard yourself and others. It is related to reliability and accuracy.
- Because of the pistol fitting, longer sight of plane and weight, the bigger pistols are accurate as opposed to the smaller types.
- Small sized pistols are handy and can be concealed easily.
- Calibers that are smaller are less likely to recoil yet in general also offers less force and energy.
- Calibers that are larger can imply greater damage for every bullet.
Tip #2: Selecting the caliber
- There is no perfect bullet. The advantages and the disadvantages must be considered.
- Penetration, Recoil, Permanent cavity and bullet energy must always be considered in choosing a caliber.
- Calibers like .38 Special, .44 Magnum and .357 Magnum can also be checked. These are the most usual revolver cartridges.
Tip #3: Note about the bullet consideration
It can be a mockery to knock down power of the pistol caliber. A single bullet is not an assurance that a person can get knock down. It can be a matter of where you are shooting, who you are shooting and if the person that you will test the bullet would not mind if they got shot and fall down.
Tip #4: Type of bullet selection
One big consideration that can also affect your decision is bullet selection that you will have to safeguard yourself. Some would be better than the rest yet of course, each would have its trade offs.
- The best choice for ammunition defense which is universally considered by many people is the Jacketed hollow point bullets.
- Bullets that are solid FMJ does not have any issue to quickly lose the energy. It is also known to penetrate in the barriers and can also pierce deep to the flesh and to the vital organs.
Tip #5: Accessories of the pistol
Simultaneously, there are accessories for the pistols that can be of help or could hurt a sidearm performance.
- To conceal a duty or carry weapon, night sights are great buys.
- Attached and tactical lights are not just to light an entire area. It can also hit the bad guys with minimal blindness when used against them.
- Another good accessory would be the trigger. It can lighten the trigger pull or can shorten the pull length.
- Grips of rubber slip-ons can help make the handle comfortable.
These are a few tips that can be simple yet can be beneficial in choosing a pistol.